SURFACE & UNDERGROUND PROJECTS
FLINT RAIL PROJECTS originated as a specialist in the repair and construction of SURFACE and UNDERGROUND rail systems.
The Companyâ€™s ability to ensure safe and efficient rail systems for rail transportation is valued by Clients throughout Southern Africa. The permanent way is the cornerstone for all rail systems.
SAFE & EFFICIENT
The construction and maintenance of new and existing rail tracks
Thermit welding of rail tracks, wheel spin burns, battered rail ends, crossings, etc
Supply of Perway Materials: sleepers, rails, turnouts, etc
Performing Safety Audits for clients
Crane rails: construction, maintenance and repairs
Gantries, stacker reclaimer and ship loader track work
Management of industrial rail systems
The construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of new and existing underground haulages
Thermit and arc butt welding of rail joints
Underground civil installations, including box fronts, tips and pipe work
Performing Safety Audits on existing haulages
Civil and Electrical works
Performing â€˜Quality Assessment Reportâ€™ on haulages with Â measuring trollies, and report on the condition of the tracks, without disrupting your production process
Manufacture and supply of Concrete Curbstone Slabs for use in underground railway construction
RAIL SAFETY REGULATOR MATTERS
All statutory requirements of the Railway Safety Regulator
Full Permit applications from the Railway Safety Regulator
Annual Safety Improvement Plans (ASIP) for submission to the Railway Safety Regulator
Quarterly Reports for the Railway Safety Regulator
Inspection and compilation of asset condition reports
Rail Safety Audits and Safety Management Systems reporting
CALL US TODAY!
QUALITY & PROJECTS MANAGEMENT
- The Institute of Civil Engineers document: A new Engineering Contract â€“ Latest Edition.
- TFRâ€™s Engineering Instruction â€“ GI.049 Issue 2 May 2001 â€“ Earthing and Bonding arrangements in rail sidings handling flammable/explosive commodities.
- TFRâ€™s Provision and construction of Private Sidings â€“ March 2001 Edition.
- SABS – 1200
- TRANSNET FREIGHT RAILâ€™S
- General conditions of contract 1990[Works of Civil Engineering Construction â€“ 6th Edition]
- SANS 10339:2009 (Edition 2.1) â€“ Underground Rail Track work in mines
- General and Project specifications pertaining to specific projects
- SANS â€“ 3000 â€“ Act. 16 of 2002
Quality Control Sheets are in place for all categories of track work.